|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. It serves millions of customers, from startups to enterprises, in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale.
The AWS Resource Management team is looking for an experienced Front End Engineer with a passion for building highly reliable and low latency services for use by all AWS Services and AWS customers to manage their AWS Resources. We are embarking on projects to create new systems to streamline AWS service integration with Identity services, and it's a great time to join and help shape and deliver on this strategy. Come be a part of defining how customers small and large will use and manage their AWS resources.
• Design and develop highly scalable user interfaces that delights Amazon customers.
• Collaborate with teams of smart engineers in the design, implementation, and deployment of successful internet-scale systems and services.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Understand system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
Come join our start-up culture, wear many hats, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tightly-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and challenging opportunity.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ year relevant experience.
• Proven skill of developing highly scalable front end systems
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities.
• Understanding of algorithmic design and complexity analysis.
• Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
• 5+ years of professional front end development.
• Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
• Strong UX design skills
• Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.