|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Consumer Incident Management team drives programs and software initiatives to ensure the Amazon customer experience is indistinguishable from perfect. If technical services experience any degradation, our systems help facilitate and orchestrate the recovery, bringing together multiple data streams to expedite decision making and resolution. Purpose-designed visualizations and tools save us precious minutes when we're working together to minimize customer impact. Consumer Incident Management tools are primarily web applications but also include some back-end business data processing services using a variety of technologies.
As a Software Development Engineer (SDE) on the Consumer Incident Management team, you will design and build SOLID, extensible, and scalable full-stack systems and APIs using modern frameworks in an agile environment. You will actively invest in automated testing strategies and you hold your team accountable to do the same. You will obsess over the customer needs, participate in high-level design conversations, and be a part of establishing the feature direction for what the team builds. Your work will have a broad audience ranging from engineers to executives so you'll need to learn the broad technical landscape at Amazon and create compelling solutions and UX.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Experience influencing software engineers, infrastructure engineers and operators on best practices (full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations)
• Experience leveraging Content Delivery Networks, Edge technologies. Strong understanding of core protocols and technologies such as: TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, load balancers, distributed file systems, caches, and distributed data stores
• Capable with bidirectional web technologies such as WebSocket, SignalR, or Socket.IO,
• Strong UX design skills
• Familiarity with DevOps and availability-driven practices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with non-technical users, partner teams, and senior leadership to understand needs, explain technical designs, and describe software features & strategy
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate
• Experience participating in on-call rotations for systems availability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.