|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Advertising is looking for a Senior Engineering leader to lead a brand new initiative that powers Amazon's contextual advertising product.
Advertising at Amazon is a fast-growing multi-billion dollar business that spans across desktop, mobile and connected devices; encompasses ads on Amazon and a vast network of hundreds of thousands of third party publishers; and extends across US, EU and an increasing number of international geographies.The Supply Quality organization in Bangalore has the charter to solve optimization problems for ad-programs in Amazon and ensure high-quality ad-impressions. We develop advanced algorithms and infrastructure systems to optimize performance for our advertisers and publishers. We are focused on solving a wide variety of problems in computational advertising like traffic quality prediction (robot and fraud detection), Security forensics and research, Viewability prediction, Brand Safety, Contextual data processing and classification, and experimentation. Our team includes experts in the areas of distributed computing, machine learning, statistics, optimization, text mining, information theory and big data systems.
We are looking for a Senior Engineering leader to lead a new initiative that involves building highly available, efficient and low latency internet scale infrastructure including web-scale crawler, contextual processing and classification systems, data storage and vending solutions that will be used across multiple contextual advertising use cases. As a leader of this initiative, you will be responsible to set a vision, evolve the charter, work with stakeholders to set goals and deliver them. To succeed, you need to demonstrate sound product and technical acumen, excellent project management skills, communication skills, and hire, build, and develop your team. You will be responsible for fostering a culture of engineering excellence towards delivering cutting-edge solutions that materially improve customer experience.
Key Objectives and Focus:
* Drive vision for the contextual ad infrastructure, establish long and short term goals and roadmap.
* Work with business leaders and product managers to define product requirements. Prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments
* Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the product life cycle, influence software engineering best practices for your team and own operational metrics and excellence.
* Drive the culture of research and innovation in the team. Build and maintain world-class customer experience and operational excellence for your deliverables.
* Hire, manage, mentor and grow a high performance team of Managers, Software Engineers, QA and other related job roles
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5+ years of experience, managing engineers and managers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Deep, hands-on technical expertise in large scale, service-oriented architectures
• Exposure to Elastic Map Reduce and Machine Learning programs.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions, knowing when to contribute, when to listen, and when to ask questions
• Proactively and continually improve their level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies, and use this knowledge to deliver high quality, accurate software deliverables
• Strong business and technical vision
• Good understanding of web technologies & data engineering.