|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
AWS CloudWatch is blazing new trails as a pioneer in the cloud Infrastructure Monitoring, Application Monitoring, and Log Analytics space. We are seeking a Systems Development Engineer to join the team to help us with delivery of large scale automation projects across a broad range of technical arenas. If you love infrastructure and automation, we are the team for you!
What is AWS CloudWatch?
We run one of the largest time-series data stores on the planet (monitoring more than 1 quadrillion metric observations, triggering 3.9 trillion events, and ingesting more than 100 petabytes of logs per month) and our teams solve problems of massive telemetric data scale, distributed systems/cloud computing, data visualization, anomaly detection, predictive analytics, and root cause understanding. Many of the largest web services in the world rely on our technology to drive their operational excellence. We build, operate and continually improve the CloudWatch service for both technical and business users giving them insight into what is important for them.
Why join the CloudWatch Infrastructure team?
Huge scale and endless automation opportunities! The CloudWatch Infrastructure team operates one of the largest fleets inside of AWS, with tens of thousands of servers to ensure continued customer delight. Managing that is difficult and requires coordination with multiple internal CloudWatch teams to uncover infrastructure issues and automate them away. Working at our scale requires long term thinking, continuous innovation, large scope for new ideas, interaction with awesome team mates and never ending automation possibilities. We also care about your career aspirations. We want you to grow and progress inside of Amazon and will facilitate that growth through an increase in scope of the projects you work on over time. We are also very strong advocates of a healthy work/life harmony and continually focus on ensuring happiness within our team.
• 2+ years relevant experience in a medium to large scale environment
• Knowledge of the Linux OS with a good understanding of networking concepts
• Proficiency in Python, Ruby, Java or similar
• Awareness of cloud technologies and architecture
• Experience with distributed computing
• Strong understanding of industry technology (monitoring, code deployment, system scalability, loadbalancers, web servers etc.)
• Well-honed troubleshooting skills at various levels of complexity
• Ability to communicate effectively in an international environment
• Proven experience driving tasks to completion
• A love of automation