|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you'll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers' experiences in ways we can't even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Amazon Robotics is seeking a results-driven Retrofit Engineer who will be part of the Hardware Support Engineering team. This role will drive Robotics fleet retrofit projects to improve the performance, reliability and safety of globally deployed robotic and automation systems. In close collaboration with Hardware Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, Finance and Reliability and Maintenance (RME) partners, this role will own retrofit projects from ideation through execution and validation.
The retrofit project scope includes:
• Developing processes to implement product upgrades on fielded Amazon Robotics products (field retrofits)
• Applying Lean Manufacturing concepts to determine the best course of action for each product upgrade and field retrofit
• Conducing time studies and developing capacity assumptions.
• Creating procedural documentation for use by the technicians implementing the retrofits
• Working with suppliers in support of retrofit tool and materials sourcing.
• Coordinating and tracking status of ongoing retrofit activities with eye for details and escalate to leadership any roadblocks or challenges
• Collect the Voice of the Customer (VOC) data and share success stories during the lessons learnt workshops and review with cross-functional partners in Hardware Engineering and Operations to demonstrate value and efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Experience with electro-mechanical components and assemblies
• Experience with project management processes and tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel at least 15% of the time
• Experience in the use of Lean Manufacturing concepts
• Experience in design of experiments, process development and/or hardware product design.
• Master's degree in Engineering
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.