|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring a Practice Manager to manage large investment and billable programs with the automotive industry's largest automakers. The Strategic Program Manager leads a combined AWS team of ProServe Engagement Managers and Consultants as well as partners and customer teams to deliver digital transformation projects with the customer following Amazons' innovation tenets. As the overall engagement lead, you will lead a large delivery and engagement team, enable stakeholder alignment, build team cohesion, manage program and project risks whilst working with the Global Account Manager and Enterprise Service Manager. You will assist in training internal teams in cloud best practices, development/framework best practices, accelerate innovation and cloud adoption scenarios, prioritise delivery of use cases, and enable innovation and growth on the core platform.
AWS engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective AWS customer experience, best practices, and obsessing about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organisation to bring access to product, service, and training teams, to deliver the right solutions and drive feature innovations for our customers across all industries. These engagements focus on the full platform of AWS customer solutions to help our customers and partners remove constraints and accelerate their journey to AWS.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
• Large scale Program Management - Lead a large delivery team comprised of teams from across AWS and from the customer's organisation
• Advisory - Work as a strategic business partner to help customers achieve their business outcomes and help to drive innovation throughout the engagement life cycle
• Training - Teach customers, partners and internal teams on our delivery framework and continue to develop and iterate on the current methodology
• Partnering - Manage partners as part of the broader set of organisations involved, conduct partner enablement briefings and trainings to further scale adoption of the delivery framework
• Delivery - Define and plan out complex integrated workstreams, delivering executive level and detailed status reports that properly communicates a project's progress and financials tailored to the audience. This role is responsible for managing Engagement Managers, AWS delivery consultants, and managing the scope and budget of each individual project
• Pre-Sales - Work with Account Teams to demonstrate ProServe contribution to accelerate customer's business outcomes and AWS adoption, with focus on strategic opportunities
• Feedback - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback and lessons learned
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Experience leading consulting or IT transformation programs within the Automotive Industry as a Program Director or Senior Program Manager
• Managing C-level executive stakeholders (CIO, CEO, CTO, CISO, etc.)
• 10+ years managing scope, schedule, budget, and program/ project risks and setting strategic roadmaps and partnership plans
• 10+ years' hands on experience leading the delivery of multiple enterprise-level or digital consulting projects using /Iterative methodologies
• Managed technical projects consisting of 25 to 50+ people
• Mentored, coached or trained other project/engagement managers, the business or customers on best practices, frameworks and/or methodologies
• Experience with and Project Management (APM) toolsets (e.g. Jira, RallyDev, VersionOne, Taiga, etc). Sprinting with backlogs managed in these toolsets.
• Experience supporting business development activities, focused on accelerating customer business outcomes
• 5 years automotive, supply chain or manufacturing experience with a major automotive manufacturer or tier 1 supplier
• Consulting experience with one of the top consulting companies
• Experience selling cloud consulting engagements with a focus on strategic opportunities