|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
By 2025 Amazon Web Services (AWS) will help 29 million people globally grow their technical skills with free cloud computing skills training to help learners prepare for the cloud-enabled workforce of tomorrow. AWS Education to Workforce is looking for an innovative, driven Program Manager to scale the reach and impact of our AWS Education to Workforce programs and initiatives in Latin America. As a national skills and labor force expert, you will lead strategic and national level skills/labor force development initiatives, bringing the different assets of AWS and driving a one AWS agreement at the country level.
The Program Manager will work hand-in-hand with Public Sector country managers, account management, and field teams to help academic institutions and governments adopt and implement AWS programs designed to progress learners towards employability by exposing students, learners, and educators to AWS content, hands-on labs, AWS-authored curricula, and AWS certifications from the entire AWS portfolio of education to workforce offerings. You will be responsible for identifying customer needs, signing-up customers, introducing the appropriate program(s), and owning the strategic goals for the program in your territory. You will also support customers during the implementation of the program(s).
This role, called the AWS Education to Workforce Program Manager (PM), is the primary owner and point of contact for the customer. PMs will sit in the Public Sector Sales organization, maintain close relationships with Account Managers, own and be accountable for programmatic field goals, working closely with AWS Training and Certification (T&C) program teams.
You will be responsible for developing opportunity pipelines, evangelizing workforce offerings, and driving successful adoption and implementation of related education and workforce-readiness programs (e.g AWS Educate, Academy) within government and education institutions.
• Work with program members on growing adoption, integrating AWS technologies into existing curriculum and drive cloud awareness across the institution
• Establish and track program goals, business metrics, and indicators for success
• Meet or exceed quarterly/annual program targets
• Drive user story brainstorming, review, and clarification sessions with technical teams to deliver maximum customer value with available time constraints and resources
• Develop and execute against a comprehensive program plan
• Create and articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services
• Accelerate customer adoption
• Maintain a robust program plan
• Ensure highest level of customer satisfaction.
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• At least 5 years' experience, with at least several years in engaging with education institution management/faculty and other agencies preferably in Public Sector
• Degree level education preferred or equivalent
• You are comfortable managing different teams across functions, with a proven record of bringing your team to a higher level of performance, and providing them with the proper orientation to achieve their goals.
• You have experience working in a multinational environment.
• You are an excellent public speaker. You enjoy spending time with customers, and have the ability to cultivate relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders. You have a distinctive ability to communicate complex ideas in succinct and compelling ways.
• You are sharp, self-motivated, result-oriented, and able to build a plan and make things happen, while upholding honesty and integrity and without compromising attention to detail.
• Significant technology related sales, business development, or sales engineering/consulting experience.
• Several years of experience working within the public sector industry.
• Technical degree/equivalent (i.e. Computer Science) or relevant work experience