|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will join the team of hands-on, passionate and seasoned SQA professionals developing innovative consumer-centric product solutions. In this role, you will:
• Create test plans and test cases
• Automate tests using internal and open source tools & infrastructure
• Review user interfaces for conformity, functionality and performance
• Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
• Find, isolate, document, regress, and track bugs through resolution
• Interpret and report testing results, and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
• Work with Software Development Engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented. Understand performance impacts over the product.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering [or in lieu of a Master's degree, at least a Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of post-Bachelor's degree progressive work experience]
• 7+ years of software QA testing experience with black and grey box functional testing
• 5+ years of experience in writing scripts in at least one language
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering [or in lieu of a Master's degree, at least a Product experience with wireless consumer electronics
• Demonstrated expertise in black box and grey box testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools, and the ability to operate within short release cycles
• Creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and effectiveness
• Hands-on experience in testing Linux and/or Android-based devices
• Solid understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• Experience writing code for multitasking operating system
• Experience in Performance and scalability tests
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation