|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. At Amazon, delivering great experiences for our customers is top priority and to this end, our team strives to make our processes robust enough to meet the high bar on customer experience both on quality and speed of delivery.
Operations is at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. In transportation performance management, we improve customer experience through continuously optimizing the complex movements of goods to customers throughout Europe. As Senior Program Manager in the Performance Management team, you will manage a team of Program Managers for seamless and on-time implementation of EU wide large-scale programs / products that deliver a positive impact on our customers.
This role will play an important role through the business planning process and will get exposure to senior leadership across the organization and within the broader Customer fulfilment organization in which we sit.
As a Senior Program Manager in the Performance Management team, you will be responsible for identifying, helping to drive and tracking initiatives that improve the Customer Experience and will measure the results by monitoring quality and efficiency metrics and contacts. You will also have proven ability to assess situations and guide teams toward both short-term and longer term systemic changes. You should possess an analytic, statistical and optimization background to enable strategic service initiatives planning. In this role you will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. You will be responsible for tracking processes that deliver customer experience for the network, identifying process defects and establishing governance mechanisms to track performance for the network.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to:
• Be able to define the objective function, resource their team appropriately and optimize where work flows
• Identify and analyze data to isolate issues, develop solutions, prioritize opportunities and drive network improvements.
• Have experience influencing and earning the trust of senior stakeholders and moving business teams to take action
• Deep dive the data to uncover actionable insights for known and unknown problems (including data visualization) using a software of your choice (R, Python etc.)
• Use data to control/audit if our supply chain is behaving as expected, and automate the identification of improvement opportunities among dozens of dimensions
• Build advanced tools/models to automate decision making for complex and ambiguous trade-off problem
• Monitor the overall performance of the middle mile, including Amazon Air, line-haul and sortation
• Drive all network improvements for ATS, assessing the impact on the existing set up and defining the trade-off between customer experience and cost.
• Together with your team, manage all aspects of the project planning, requirements definition, risk management, communication, and implementation plan.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas and have customer experience improvement as the top focus.
• Be a visible and vocal role model across the wider business for Amazon's customer-centric culture, championing customers' needs and using data and technology to anticipate customer experience risks.
• Experience working effectively with research science, data engineering, and software engineering teams.
• Extensive knowledge and practical experience in several of the following areas: machine learning, statistics, NLP, deep learning
• Hands on experience in data visualization software (Tableau, Power BI) will be a plus.
• Bachelor's degree
• Transportation or Supply Chain experience within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
• Project Management experience.
• Experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, generate ideas, execute and measure success
• Advanced knowledge of Excel and demonstrated experience querying relational databases using SQL (or other query language), along with experience using large complex data sets to design models and scenarios.
• Master's level degree or higher
• Experience managing people
• Proven track record of improving the end to value chain and experience designing advanced Supply Chain processes and implementing world class Supply Chain/Logistics tools
• Experience with performance metrics, process improvement and Lean techniques
If you need us to make any adjustments throughout the recruitment process due to a disability (including, but not limited to neurodiverse or mental health conditions), or any other health issue please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.