|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - California|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Application Migration business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, spanning diverse technologies across multiple industries. The Application Migration and Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to deliver the best solutions for customers, connect with AWS product and service teams, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads in the cloud. You will help shape, execute, and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
In this role as an experienced cloud architect/developer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
In order for applications to be cloud optimized they need to be architected correctly enabling them to reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability. On the AWS platform services such as Amazon EC2, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Serverless Architectures, Amazon Elastic Container Services to name just a few, provide opportunities to design and build cloud ready applications.
We are looking for hands on architects/developers who are passionate about:
• Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services;
• Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized;
• Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams;
• Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming;
• Advising and implementing AWS best practices;
• Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist;
• Agile software development and DevOps; and
• Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
Our Consultants work with enterprise customers locally, regionally and potentially domestically. As such, Consultants will be required to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
• BS level technical degree or equivalent professional or military experience
• 8+ years of Application development and design experience on Linux and Windows based systems
• Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability;
• Agile software development experience
• Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins);
• Experience with containers and Serverless technology;
• Programming Language experience (e.g. Java, Python, C++, Scala, Go, Ruby, etc.); and
• Experience developing Microservices architecture and API Frameworks supporting application development.
• Extensive experience developing, designing and developing applications in an AWS Cloud environment;
• Hands on development skills with relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB);
• Experience diagnosing performance problems and tuning code, SQL, and deployment architectures to improve performance;
• Experience migrating applications from one OS to another (ex. Solaris to Linux) or from one database to another (ex. Informix to Oracle);
• Experience with designing and building application using AWS services such as EC2, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS OpsWorks;
• Experience with unit or automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG);
• Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation, Terraform;
• Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible);
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.;
• Extracurricular software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor); and
• Advanced degrees in information systems, engineering and/or business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.