|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
With Alexa devices proliferating across homes, offices, cars and mobile, Alexa is going to play a significant role in helping customers capture their needs in the moment. The Alexa Shopping Team is enabling this vision by becoming the preferred way to capture and manage customer's grocery needs. By combining the ease of talking to Alexa with social shopping through sophisticated AI, we will transform how customers shop in stores and online. We will help customers anticipate and keep track of what they need, help them save time and get the best value during shopping. We will ensure they always get everything on their shopping list without forgetting anything.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Program Manager to help make Alexa Shopping as effortless as possible, including needs capture for everyday essentials, understanding the preferences of each family member, predicting reorder timing/ quantities, and facilitate shopping in-store or online. If we succeed, we would have positively impacted a fundamental part of customers shopping journey, enabling them to save time and money in the process.
In this role, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, implementation, and measurement/ support of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. You will be responsible for working with teams of engineers, product management, user experience in the design, development, testing, deployment, and reporting for a range of products on voice and app capabilities.
What we are looking for: We are looking for a talented Sr. Technical Program Manager with a strong technical background, customer obsession and can ascertain the true requirements underlying the feature requests, recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines. This position also requires working across technical teams to identify and drive improvements in operational and engineering excellence. This is a highly visible, results oriented, and impactful role, requiring effective communication with senior level leaders.
Given that this is an early-stage initiative, you will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverable's and build quick prototypes or proofs of concept in partnership with other technology leaders. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving problems. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and you'll have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams at Amazon. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong experience working with cross functional teams, including software engineering
• Participate in deep architectural/ design discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment and scale
• Strong communication, planning, analytics, and problem solving skills.
• Industry experience with one or more of the following domains: web technologies, mobile development, or large-scale distributed systems.
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in start-ups and fast paced environments handling multiple, competing priorities
• Experience in web technologies and creating compelling mobile experiences using these technologies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.