|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most regulatory conscious customers.
We are looking for a person motivated to take on challenges with a technical background to drive strategy for a growing team that analyzes AWS controls. As part of the AWS Security Assurance team, you will be seen as an expert in how AWS control systems and processes meet security and compliance standards. You will be a key liaison with AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, AWS Security, and related Amazon corporate teams. You will have the ability to dive deep, understand, document, and communicate IT systems and processes, and be able to drive innovative process changes through multiple organizations and teams.
You are someone who loves working across many stakeholders to design solutions for complex compliance challenges. We have a team culture that encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. We expect team members and management alike to take a high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. You will have an opportunity to work directly with most divisions within AWS service to improve AWS' ability to demonstrate assurances for regulated customers.
This position can be located in the following locations: Herndon, VA; HQ2 Arlington, VA; or New York.
This position will be responsible for the following activities:
• Develop a strategy for broad domain and technical understanding of AWS control activities.
• Field and address requests in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Bridge communication with audits and AWS technical communities to articulate control implementation.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth as a passionate learner that is motivated to take on challenges.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other related fields, or equivalent experience.
• 10+ years of experience in project/program management in a technical field.
• 7+ years assessing, documenting, or developing IT architecture and systems.
• Experience with monitoring and automating security controls.
• Have a record of delivery of IT process improvement projects with technology processes and/or major tech companies.
• Have experience in cloud technologies, cloud deployment models (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS), and familiarity with AWS core services (EC2, S3, DDB, RDS, KMS, etc.).
• Have experience in performing technical assessments and documentation of network, operating systems, application security, as well as auditing IT processes.
• Have an understanding of evaluating the design and effectiveness of IT controls.
• A portfolio of writing samples.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Please reach out to Monica Syed (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.