|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
Amazon Advertising is looking for a Principal Product Manager to own and drive our strategy for accelerating creative and campaign development activities with the goal to reducing our advertisers' time to launch. As an advocate for our customer, you will relentlessly drive improvements to the advertisers' experience by removing creative constraints. Your success will depend upon your ability to deeply understanding the systems, processes and policies that impact Amazon advertisers' ability to execute and to then prioritize the biggest opportunities that will reduce friction and unlock revenue for them.
The right candidate will have experience leading products with multiple enterprise dependencies which service a variety of customer types. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. It will be imperative that you can present a long term vision for our workflow management roadmap, while continuously delivering near term value for our customers and our business.
You will be 100% customer focused, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be data-driven, and excellent at written and verbal communications, influencing peers, driving results, and being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time. This means anticipating bottlenecks, making tradeoffs and balancing the needs of the business versus technical constraints. You will be expected to have strong opinions about design and user experience, as well as the analytic background necessary to track adoption and performance of your product. You will be able to participate/influence other senior leaders across the company future direction-setting.
• 1+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
• Bachelor's Degree
• 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
• Excellent oral and written communication skills - with both technical and non-technical individuals;
• Demonstrated analytical thinking to develop metrics and drive continuous improvement
• Proven successful track record of navigating through ambiguous situations
• Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• Focus on metrics and analytics
• Experience with agile development processes and frequent product releases
• Experience working on highly technical products with engineers to make product tradeoff decisions on behalf of customers
• Maintain backlog health and ensure product capabilities and solutions deliver on success metrics
• Experience in Service Design
• Experience with Advertising technologies
• Experience working on automations and API integrations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.