|Category||Machine Learning Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
1. THE HOME INNOVATIONS TEAM
HIT is a new group of seasoned engineers, product managers, designers and scientists DETERMINED to redefine how our customers purchase products for their home. We believe that the objects that we choose to surround ourselves with have a huge impact on our quality of life. Not only they need to be useful, but they need to be beautiful, reflect our style, bring joy and make us proud. In addition, some of these products are also the largest purchases our customers make after their home and car, therefore we must provide them with the right information/experiences to help them make the right decisions and bring comfort in purchasing the products online.
2. THE CHALLENGES WE WILL TACKLE
As with every project within Amazon, we work backwards from our customer's needs and the challenges they have. Our team will tackle some of the toughest problems in retail:
• Streamline the purchase experience for large items such as furnitures and remove all stress in the process. It will be as easy as purchasing a book.
• Inspire our customers with beautiful experiences and relevant products.
• Personalize customer experience to help them find useful products that match their preferences and styles.
• Provide expert advice and information that help guide our customers in their decision making process.
• Allow customers to create their personal styles and use that to influence the website's shopping experience.
• Improve the customer's search experience on the website by providing intelligent filter using user profile and life events.
3. THE TECHNOLOGY
In order to achieve our vision, we think big and tackle technology problems that are cutting edge. Where technology does not exist, we will built it. Where it exists we will need to modify it to make it work at Amazon scale. As the problem is so wide and the team new, we need members who are passionate and willing to learn:
• Image processing and augmented reality. Imagery and deep experiences are an important factor in our success. If you are passionate about this area, join us.
• Amazon scale systems. All our technology needs to work at Amazon scale, serving hundreds of millions of customers with millisecond level latencies.
• Big data & analytics. Amazon is data driven and a strong data backbone is necessary in our systems. We build upon core AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, etc. If you are interested in learning or gaining expertise, join us.
• Personalization and machine learning. All technologies will be used in experiences adapted to what customer need, want or prefer. We will be working with advanced machine learning technologies to tackle these problems.
• User interface & web development. We will create beautiful and dynamic frontend experiences that requires deep knowledge of relevant technologies such as AngularJS, JQuery, Horizonte, AUI, etc.
4. OUR CULTURE AND YOU
We are a tightly net group that share our experiences and help each other succeed. We love hard problems and like to move fast in a growing and changing environment. We use data to guide our decisions and we always push the technology and process boundaries of what is feasible on behalf of our customers. The most successful members of our team are obsessed with helping our customers in creative ways, and bring clarity to ambiguity through data driven experimentation. If that sounds like an environment you like, join us.
Your role will include:
- Writing solid code, making smart design decisions and building scalable software services.
- Work across Amazon to creatively leverage existing services and APIs for our product
- Work with category leaders and product managers to build features used by millions of people every day, and be proud of it.
- Solve complex problems that have a large and direct impact to customers and high visibility
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• At least 5 years of professional experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems.
• At least 5 years of recent domain experience in any of the following: Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Data Mining, Search, ecommerce.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Scala, or Python.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive. A willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion.
• Polished communication skills, with the ability to communicate with confidence, clarity, and focus.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services such as S3, EMR, Data pipeline, etc.
• Experience working with Lucene, Solr, or ElasticSearch.
• Experience working with web technologies such as React and React Native.
• Experience with Native apps development in iOS and Android.