|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
We are looking for a strategic and experienced senior leader who can drive programming, partner management and content optimization opportunities for Amazon's US sports business. The Sports Team within Prime Video brings selection of live and on demand sports content to Amazon customers around the world, including NFL Thursday Night Football. This role will be a driving force in the development and execution of marquee US properties on Prime Video.
The ideal candidate is a data-driven critical thinker who has robust experience in sports programming, an ability to juggle multiple priorities, and isn't afraid to roll sleeves up as needed. This individual should have experience in working cross functionally on high profile programming executions, developing new content opportunities, managing operational teams, and working with sports content owners at a senior level.
Responsibilities will include:
• Management of key external sports partnerships, including development of programming opportunities
• Development and execution of internal partnerships across Amazon to drive new business opportunities for Prime Video Sports
• End to end ownership of programming inputs related to the planning and execution of marquee Prime Video Sports properties
• Day to day collaboration with cross functional leaders on optimization opportunities
• Management of contractual rights and obligations
• 8+ years of relevant experience in account management, business development, content licensing, or finance
• 8+ years of experience negotiating license and/or business development agreements
• Bachelor's Degree
• Robust leadership experience in sports programming and sports partnerships
• Proven track record of working with major sports leagues and media companies at a senior level
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, as well as the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions
• Experience with end-to-end ownership of major project deliverables
• Self-starter who is customer obsessed, detail-oriented, and an enthusiastic team player
• Experience managing a team
• 12+ years of experience in sports programming and/or sports partnerships
• Ability to work well in a fast paced and highly changing environment with little guidance
• Strong ability to understand product and technical requirements and interface with Product and Technology teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.