|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our computing services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in manufacturing, energy, automotive, pharmaceuticals, technology, and financial services. AWS customers are now looking to IoT services to digitally transform their businesses, develop new business models, and solve complex business challenges. There are billions of devices in homes, factories, oil wells, hospitals, cars, and thousands of other places. With this proliferation of devices, customers increasingly need end-to-end solutions to connect them, and securely collect, inexpensively store, and effectively analyze device data to generate meaningful insights to transform their businesses.
Our team is looking for a business development manager to help drive the go-to-market strategy for AWS Snowball Edge and related use cases (disconnected edge). The AWS Snow Family includes a family of secure and rugged devices that customers can use for edge computing and data transfer applications. Customers can use AWS Snowball Edge and AWS Snowcone as an IoT hub to capture and process sensor data, run image processing or video analytics functions, or run ML inferencing applications. Our team is made up of people with a passion for technology and IoT Edge, enthusiasm to drive digital transformation, aptitude for customer advocacy, intellectual curiosity, and a penchant for creative problem solving. This is an exciting opportunity to help define and execute the worldwide business development strategy.
You will leverage your business and strategic background to deeply understand customer problems and challenges, drive customer engagements from start to finish, and interact at both the executive level and with engineering leaders at our customers. You will also possess a technical background to work with both AWS engineering teams and with customers in building solutions. An understanding of key IoT Edge concepts and technologies, including the hardware and software ecosystem is preferred. You will think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus within AWS and within customer organizations.
As an AWS Worldwide Business Development Manager focused on AWS Snow Edge, your responsibilities will focus on the following key deliverables -
• Develop sales programs and identify new markets and opportunities to drive revenue. You will work directly with customers to understand their requirements and turn them into reality
• Map the application of technology to customer business scenarios that help our customers understand how to improve their operational and strategic outcomes through the use of AWS Snow Edge
• Work with AWS Solution Architects to develop and extend reference architectures and sales playbooks focused on how AWS Snow Edge helps solve key business challenges, as part of IoT solutions for a range of industries
• Guide cross functional teams to drive AWS adoption in the key workloads that use the AWS Snow Edge portfolio
• Determine customer segmentation and profiling for AWS Snow Edge solutions for key industries.
• Work with the AWS Partner team to build an ecosystem of partners that can deliver IoT/Edge solutions and ensure partner readiness
• Serve as an evangelist for AWS Snow Edge within AWS and externally
• Synthesize data and information gathered from customer and partner engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including to AWS senior management
• 7+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 7+ years experience with leading strategic Go-To-Market activities
• BS/BA, or equivalent relevant business experience
• An understanding of key IoT/Edge concepts and technologies
• Proven experience with cloud technologies
• Experience with sales enablement activities
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations
• Ability to develop business justifications for cloud technology roadmap adoption including financial modeling
• Ability to prepare and give business reviews to the senior management teams at AWS and customers
This position can be remote, but candidates must be based near an AWS office location (Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, Nashville, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Sunnyvale, Santa Monica, Seattle, Tempe).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.