|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||East Palo Alto|
Amazon Redshift is a fast, scalable data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective for our customers to analyze data across their data warehouse and data lakes. Redshift delivers ten times faster performance than other data warehouses by using machine learning, massively parallel query execution, and columnar storage on high-performance disk.
As the Manager of Software Development for Redshift, you will be responsible for leading a group of top talent in the design and development of a product that allows for the setup and deployment of new data warehouses in minutes, and running queries across petabytes of data stored in data warehouses. Amazon Redshift is simple to use, enabling customers to deploy a new data warehouse in minutes. Redshift automates most of the common administrative tasks to manage, monitor, and scale your data warehouse. This allows customers to break free from the complexities of managing on-premises data warehouses.
Joining the Amazon Redshift team gives you the opportunity to:
• Work on a disruptive product that's still in its early stages
• Solve challenging problems that will revolutionize database computing in the cloud
• Build a product that will leverage the scale of resources available in the cloud
• Work for a company that's a recognized leader in the cloud computing space
• Be involved in the fast growing, big data space
• Growing and leading a data warehouse software development team responsible for rethinking the assumptions behind how traditional DW services are built and thinking how to build database services best suited for the cloud.
• You will develop the design, implementation, testing and deployment of these services.
• You will draw from your deep and broad technical and management expertise to mentor senior engineers and managers, complete hands-on technical work and provide leadership on complex technical issues, design tradeoffs, and feature and schedule prioritization.
• This is one of our most strategic technical projects with a long-term vision and an opportunity to deliver both significant business and industry-wide technical impact.
• As an engineering leader within Database Services, you will work with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influence our technical and business strategy, help hire talented engineers and managers, and conceive innovative new solutions for our customers
• You will shape future security surface of Redshift and build new federation, identity management, authorization and data protection features based on emerging cloud standards
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience as a software engineer
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Understanding of cloud security landscape
• Working knowledge of industry standard authentication and authorization protocols (SAML, OAuth, Open ID)
• Experience working with identity providers such as Okta, Ping, Azure AD etc
• Working knowledge of PKI and cryptographic techniques
• Experience delivering distributed system projects
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us