|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Have you ever wanted to build open source software that can scale to support the largest companies in the world? Do you want to revolutionize the way people manage and derive insights from vast volumes of data in the cloud? Come work with us - you can build innovative solutions with some of the best engineers on the planet while contributing back to the community.
Who are you? You're an engineer who finds deep satisfaction in not just coding but solving customer problems. You find equal joy in learning something and sharing new information with colleagues. When a pager goes off in a room full of developers, you're the one everyone turns to because of your deep knowledge of the systems you work on. The software you build is both functional and beautiful.
Who are we? We are a new team at AWS creating open source visualization products for Elasticsearch. We want to build the best software in the world and give it away. Our mission is to build products that help users understand their data, and to do it in ways that inspire other developers in the community to contribute.
As an AWS Elasticsearch engineer you will:
• Design, develop, and support a world-class Elasticsearch platform that manages thousands of search domains.
• Contribute to both open source code and managed service platforms.
• Work with senior engineers in the team to deliver many components of the entire stack.
• Focus on scalability, performance, service robustness, and cost trade-offs (especially as they pertain to a highly-virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environment.)
• Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure, and evaluate the consequences of designs and the ongoing success of our platform.
• Work alongside a dedicated operations team to develop and support the smooth 24x7 operation of our worldwide service.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
Experience working in Open Source Software
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us