|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Amazon Business team is seeking Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way businesses purchase their supplies.
Our team is focused on building solutions to enable B2B customers to research, discover and buy business, industrial and scientific products in large catalogs; across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses and institutions that buy in either high frequency or in bulk quantities. Our customers have more complex needs than the traditional Amazon customer base.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience - from the visual interface to the back end services. You will be working with new technologies that improve usability and increase performance and scalability. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provide good customer experience.
Candidates need to have strong ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills. Experience with building web-based applications and/or web services-based applications is desired.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Minimum 2 years of experience building successful production software systems and/or developing large scale web applications
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in developing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, C++, or Scala. Experience with Java, AWS, NodeJS, and/or ReactJS a plus
• Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
• You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.