|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Audible Content organization seeks a business analytics professional to join our Planning and Operations group. This person will be responsible for ensuring the content leadership team and key internal partners have critical data-driven insights to make informed strategic and operational decisions across our content creation pipeline and content value chain. The Director, Business Analytics, Content Planning & Operations will lead the identification, design and development of standardized systems-driven (Salesforce, FilmTrack, Airtable and other proprietary tools) and customized business reporting, and develop metrics to track daily, monthly and yearly progress to drive a focus on results, execution, speed, and learning. You will evaluate the entire content pipeline including acquisition, deal, production, and promotion operations in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders from Content, Finance, Data Research, Product, Marketing and Legal.
As a Director of Business Analytics, you will...
• Identify, define and design standard and customized business reporting and data needs to support day-to-day practices and business workflows across the content creation pipeline - deal operations, programming, production, content ingestion and promotion activities.
• Partner with our corporate development and global data and insights teams to conduct research and identify business trends that inform business goals, decision making and programming and investment strategies.
• Partner with Content leaders and GIDs team to identify, define, track and report on strategic business goals and metrics (OKRs, financials).
• Partner with Content leaders, Finance and Accounting team on resource analyses, budgeting and headcount management.
• Lead a small team that will grow over time.
• Work cross-functionally with peers and senior leaders leading and participating in critical research initiatives. Influencing and facilitation skills required.
• Build and deliver briefs, white papers and presentations on business trends to key stakeholders. Writing and presentation skills required.
• Drive business impact through analytical and strategic guidance, reporting, and data visualization.
• Deliver impactful analysis based on robust economic, financial, and statistical analysis.
• Illustrate key business trends through effective data interpretation and visualization.
• Enable accurate and robust reporting of key business metrics.
• Develop an in-depth knowledge of all relevant data sources, business intelligence technologies and analytical tools.
• Work closely with Audible stakeholders and senior executives.
• Partner with business leaders to understand the challenges in the market place and deliver timely and relevant insights.
• Advise and fulfill ad-hoc requests for data and analysis to support senior management.
• Establish and maintain senior management scorecards.
• Communicate effectively.
• Proactively communicate factors affecting performance to senior management.
• Translate complex problems and distill them into simplified, relevant outputs that can be quickly understood and actioned.
• Develop compelling presentations and documents and communicate them with impact.
• Demonstrate teamwork and accountability.
• Partner effectively by developing working relationships with teams across the business.
• Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on providing solutions and delivering results.
• Ensure the accuracy and relevance of the team's deliverables.
• 8+ years of experience in the areas of strategic Analytics, Business Intelligence, Media/Content Operations or Consulting in a digital environment.
• Degree in Economics, Mathematics, Business desirable along with demonstrated experience in an analytical and/or operational role.
• Knowledge of data/analytical tools - experience using SQL and relational databases as well as other data visualization tools like Tableau or MicroStrategy.
• Experience running projects with diverse stakeholders and senior leaders.
• Demonstrated high achievement in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
• An understanding of budget and resource management in addition to ecommerce analytics and marketing analytics.
• Aptitude and drive to learn new tools quickly required.
• Intellectual curiosity for what drives the business.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading producer and provider of original spoken-word entertainment and audiobooks, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.