|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
Today, Amazon provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. The Amazon Cloud infrastructure is built around Regions and Availability Zones (AZs). Amazon Regions provide multiple, physically separated and isolated Availability Zones which are connected with low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant networking. These Availability Zones offer our customers an easier and more effective way to design and operate applications and databases, making them more highly available, fault tolerant, and scalable than traditional single datacenter infrastructures or multi-datacenter infrastructures. How would you like to come be part of the team that builds out that low latency, high throughput, and highly redundant network?
• A Bachelor's Degree in an IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Candidates should have a minimum of 5-years telecommunications industry experience in a similar environment.
• Candidates must have direct commercial and technical experience working in a company owning or operating long haul dark fiber networks and DWDM systems.
• Candidates should be able to demonstrate where they have influenced the design, development, contracting, implementation, and operation of long haul backbone networks.
• Extensive knowledge of IP peering ecosystems, fiber optic networks, submarine cables and the interconnection of these networks in order to obtain the highest availability for delivering online services globally.
• Ability to create complex financial models to understand business impacts of various network solutions is required.
• Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
• Willing to travel.
• Experience working at a large network operator, OTT or Internet Service Provider.
• Demonstrated ability to anticipate customer requirements and build strategic plans.
• Experience interacting with senior executives and other management within your own company and externally; and working across commercial, technical, domestic, and international arms of an organization
• In-depth knowledge of the latest optical communications developments.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically BGP, OSPF, MPLS, RSVP and ISIS.
• Ability to speak multiple languages.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.