|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - W Virginia|
At AWS, we're hiring highly passionate and deeply technical cloud computing Security Architect to help our partners develop technical expertise and work with our partners on key customer engagements. Our security and compliance consultants will deliver architecture guidance, lead proof-of-concept projects, and conduct customer workshops. AWS Security consultants will collaborate with customers to address security and compliance challenges, and implementing and migrating customer solutions and workloads onto AWS.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
The ideal candidate should be an innovative security professional who has the ability to be a change agent for our most strategic customers that are looking to move their sensitive work loads into the cloud. We need someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment and will be able to earn the customer's trust while providing their perspective and guidance on developing and executing an innovative security strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Solutions - Define and deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer security and compliance requirements, proposing and delivering packaged offerings, and delivering custom solution engagements.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services in key market verticals & regulated industries such as financial services, healthcare, life sciences, and energy.
• Delivery - Engagements will include migration of existing applications and development of new applications using AWS cloud services. This will be done via onsite customer projects.
• Insights - Work with AWS engineering, support and business teams to convey partner and customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organization-leaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services as needed.
• 10 + years' experience in IT security, compliance and risk management, including privacy and controls.
• BA/BS degree, equivalent experience or equivalent military experience
• Experience building security reference architecture for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
• Experience in Cloud Computing technologies, scripting languages (JSON, Python, RoR, etc), integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, encryption tools, and forensics.
• Implementation experience with enterprise security solutions such as WAF, IPS, Anti-DDOS, and SIEM.
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 7 or more years of IT implementation experience
• Computer Science or Math background preferred
• Proven experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption or driving the program's evolution to meet new requirements
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
• Familiarity with archive, backup/recovery and business continuity processes in distributed operations
• Hands-on technical expertise in Security Architecture, automation, integration, and deployment (DevOps)
• Familiarity with compliance & security standards across the enterprise IT landscape, including enterprise risk management methods and techniques to drive successful outcomes in a multi-national environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.