|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Ring is seeking an innovative, results-oriented Infrastructure Security Engineer to drive continuous improvement in policy, systems and tools securing critical data and infrastructure. As a Ring Infrastructure Security Engineer, you will be integral in identifying potential threats through systems, data and trend analysis and working with a complex set of service teams in implementing defense solutions.
• Develop and implement consistent and automated patch management in concert with systems teams.
• Develop and implement network and process controls for Kubernetes environments.
• Assist Incident Response Team with SIEM engineering tasks.
• Provide back-up on-call support to the Incident Response team, as required
• Evaluate or create new technologies and services in order to solve complex security issues
• Perform design reviews and risk assessments for new production instances configurations
• Maintain and enhance security policy and ongoing best practices along with compliance monitoring
• 3+ years of experience working as an infrastructure engineer or system administrator in the information security discipline.
• 3+ years of experience writing python code, as a core or ancillary duty.
• 3+ years of experience in Splunk, ELK or similar platforms for analysis and detection of events or issues
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of the integration of Amazon Web Services with fundamental Information Security principles for both architectural review and implementation
• Knowledge of GNU/Linux in general, and Ubuntu specifically.
• Strong interpersonal skills through keen understanding of their own behavior and work style with tolerance of other's styles, needs and viewpoints.
• Thrives in a high speed environment.
• Proven history of drafting and championing security policy with service teams
• Can deal with ambiguity and bring clarity to those situations.
• Experience and detailed technical knowledge of security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
• Bachelors degree in computer science or related field.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.