|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineer's high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of .com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo.
What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make .
We are working on Alexa devices that continue to bring innovation and make everyday life simpler and more convenient for our customers. As a "Senior Software Quality Manager" you have an opportunity to lead a talented and diverse group of QA Managers and Engineers. You are the focal point around which we ship new product and features. The team has a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and innovation-based testing problems. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence, and meticulousness. You will be working with a team developing exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams.
• Build and lead a team of highly performant QA/SDETs that will help ship the new product and SW features we are building
• Create processes, mechanisms, and tools to scale the SW QA delivery
• Manage automation roadmap for the QA organization
• Manage ambiguity and energize the team to stay focused on short term and long-term goals
• Earn trust through regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control
• Own the metrics for project success. Define, measure and report on these metrics. We make decisions based on data
• Be resourceful and find creative solutions to complex technical and organizational challenges
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Consumer Device or SW Launch
• 15+ years of industry experience
• 10+ years of hands-on testing experience
• 7+ years of experience as a manager of a quality assurance team
• Experience in test automation
• Experience testing embedded systems and/or mobile consumer electronics devices
• Experience with standard QA and development tools
• Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
• Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Strong people management skills, with a proven ability to hire and grow talented programmatic and user-level personnel
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve coverage and effectiveness.
• Superior communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems