|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
AWS lands more server capacity daily than was used to run the entirety of Amazon.com in the year 2004 when it was already a $7B/year business. To manage this massive growth, we need new software and tools to optimize AWS supply chain. We are building a new generation suite of supply chain management(SCM) services which can automate and optimize supply chain planning, budgeting, procurement, catalog, inventory management, vendor management and payments.
These are all greenfield projects offering a rare opportunity to build systems from the ground up. You will be part of a new organization within AWS building large scale distributed applications. We will be designing and developing these systems from scratch utilizing technologies and frameworks like reactive micro services, serverless computing and distributed NoSQL data stores.
If you have a solid understanding of fundamental algorithms and system design and are able to produce bulletproof code, we are looking for you. To succeed in this role, you must be passionate about delivering high-quality designs and components. You must be creative in solving hard problems and unafraid to think out-of-the-box.
The candidate must be able to:
• Solve complex architecture and business problems to come up with extensible solutions.
• Write high quality code that are modular, functional and testable.
• Formally mentor junior engineers on design, coding and troubleshooting.
• Communicate, collaborate and work effectively in a global environment.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and core computer science concepts.
• Evidence of working with object-oriented development and design patterns.
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, Python etc.
• Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
• Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills.
• Experience with building highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience working with AWS.
• Experience working in Linux environments.
• Strong desire to build, sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience working in an Agile environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.