|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
|City||Virtual Location - California|
An Amazon AIR Process Engineering Manager is responsible for a team of engineers supporting a geographic region of North America. A PE manager provides vision for the future of Amazon Air, Engineering, and Operations while driving customer impact through their team by identifying and solving operational deficiencies. Candidates will manage the inverse relationship between cost and service, developing innovative ideas which create value for our customers.
A day in the life
A process engineering manager, bridges between AIR leadership and field PE support, both being a hands on manager of larger scale projects, as well as leading a team of engineers. Managers build and develop their teams focused on driving innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. This position provides vision to the process engineering role, scope, and projects their team owns, building out calendar year goals and driving those goals to successful completion. Process Engineering Mangers will travel to sites, working with their direct reports and vendors to resolve issues and improve operational performance using data analysis to deep dive. This role will work with multiple Amazon organizations including, NAFC, NASC, WWDE, Finance, Safety, Vendor Management, Operations, Network Planning, Security, and Airport affairs. The process engineering team is a technical expert of Amazon systems, and is in the unique position to combine expertise between multiple organizations bringing solutions to fruition.
About the team
The 3P Process Engineering team is broken into multiple geographic regions. Each region consists of 3 to 5 process engineers which mirrors the operations management structure. 3P process engineers and managers are a remote workforce, traveling to sites 50% of their time. AIR Process Engineering values diversity and both recruits and hires focused on this Amazon value.
Key job responsibilities
Amazon is seeking a motivated candidate to lead a team of industrial engineers that will identify, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements that redefine the standards for customer experience in our worldwide transportation network. Amazon transportation encompasses all of the operations that deliver shipments from our fulfillment centers and third party locations to customers worldwide. An Amazon Air Regional IE Manager will be responsible for the effective design of Amazon's aviation transportation network. Through data analysis, modeling, collaboration with internal stakeholders and industry research the Regional IE Manager's team will contribute to the design of an optimal Amazon Air transportation network maximizing asset utilization. Our leaders have a passion for designing innovative aviation solutions and inspiring the next generation of leaders that will continually improve the experiences of our customers and drive down total cost within the transportation network.
To be successful in this role candidates must:
• Have strong leadership skills and the ability to lead teams remotely
• Have strong Math, Logic and Problem Solving Skills to dive deep into engineering analyses
• Possess strong business judgment
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Have strong work ethic to deliver results from vision to execution in a highly flexible supply chain
• Hold and conduct a productive staff meeting with a team of remote field engineers
• Mentor and develop a team of field engineers
• Review and recommend aircraft routing recommendations based on Amazon's delivery volume projections
• Work directly with a team of industrial engineers and internal customers/partners identifying required network capacity and constraints
• Collect and interpret operating cost data
• Assist in reviewing proposals for new equipment and services
• Analyze and recommend optimal network solutions for peak and non-peak periods
• Pull and report data from numerous databases (using Excel, SQL and/or other data management systems) and to perform ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
• Participate in long term planning and modeling sessions
• Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Transportation, Business Administration or any other technical field
• 2-3 years managing a team of direct reports
• 6+ years in a transportation or logistics planning role
• Experience preparing, reporting and interpreting large sets of data
• Proficiency in Advanced Excel and SQL
• Experience using Tableau
• 4-6 years leading a team of industrial engineers within the transportation industry.
• MBA or advanced Operations or Supply Chain Management Degree
• Airline network planning experience
• Experience within small parcel or air cargo transportation industry
• Experience in operation research model design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records