|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The Commerce Platform Controllership Analyst will support a rapidly growing global AWS Custom Billing Solutions team. This candidate will specifically partner with management in Sales, Strategic Customer Engagement, Business Development, Business Technology & Solutions, Accounting, and Finance to enhance the customer experience related to custom billing. Candidates must possess the ability to understand business requirements and processes to continue to create an accurate and efficient billing platform for both internal and external customers. Ingenuity and the ability to think outside the box will be a must in this highly ambiguous environment.
The candidate will be responsible for evaluating and implementing operations for new custom pricing constructs, defining custom billing requirements globally, and evaluating and improving standard operating procedures around contract creation, billing automation, and data integrity. They will be passionate about their work, self-motivated, detail oriented and have excellent problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have superb communication skills, and will be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy to understand manner.
• Proactively identify and implement operational improvements, enhancements, and system customizations that meet business requirements.
• Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes as they relate to custom pricing.
• Drive continuous process improvement while developing relationships for long term solutions.
• Perform recurring audits and document audit results
• Define requirements related to automation improvements with various stakeholders.
• Ability to work with minimal direction in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment, while maintaining an independent and entrepreneurial mindset.
• Retrieve and analyze data using Excel, SalesForce.com, and other data management/BI systems
• BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
• 3+ years of relevant professional experience
• Proven attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Results-oriented person with a delivery focus
• Proficient in Excel
• Auditing experience, including implementation and audit plan design
• Advanced written communication skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
• Internal and external customer focus and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Proven project management ability that demonstrates organizational and problem solving skills that lead to a successful conclusion
• Proven ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skill
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.