|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases-to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Custom Billing Solutions (CBS) is looking for an exceptional BI Report Developer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented analysts. Key to this effort is developing business intelligence tools to enable project management and reporting, and the BI Developer will be responsible for the development of visualization and management tools.
You will be responsible for the following:
• Work with business stakeholders to transform data into actionable intelligence through analytics and interactive visualization in any data analysis tools (Qlikview, Qliksense, QuickSight, Tableau , HoneyCode, PowerBI, Looker)
• Understand current business flows, processes, architecture and then design and develop reports
• Work with other technology areas to leverage solutions developed in other parts of the firm.
• Train both IT and Business users in the best practices for developing reports.
• Participate in code/design reviews and provide input into best practices for report and universe development
• Actively seek solutions to business/customer needs and suggest innovative solutions on behalf of the customer experience.
• Ability to multitask and manage multiple workstreams simultaneously
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines
• Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
• 2+ years of relevant professional experience with Data Modelling, Analytics and development on data analysis tools (Qlikview, Qliksense, QuickSight, Tableau, HoneyCode, PowerBI, Looker)
• Extensive knowledge of ETL background
• Ability to demonstrate a portfolio of reporting dashboards
• Skills in Excel - Verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
• Ability to perform data analysis and troubleshoot data integrity issues.
• Experience with programming languages (SQL, Python, R) and knowledge of end-to-end data warehousing principles, methodologies, and practices (Amazon Redshift) is a plus
• Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively across all functions and levels of the organization.
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and organizational skills.
• Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.