|Category||Research Science||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising is looking for talented scientists to join a new program for Early-career Scientists. The scientists will innovate in key areas of online advertising, including machine learning, economics, marketing, operations research and statistics.
This is a full-time two-year research position.
The applicant should have earned a PhD in a related area within the last 3 years.
Application deadline: May 14th, 2021.
Amazon Advertising helps shoppers to discover products at Amazon and helps brands to reach shoppers at every stage of their shopping journey by building scalable advertising products. It creates great experiences for shoppers and advertisers and delivers billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks every day.
We experiment and innovate relentlessly. Science is core in our offering to shoppers and advertisers. Our scientists apply machine learning, optimization, causal modeling and game theory at scale to enhance the shopper experience, help advertisers reach relevant audiences, and support brand building. We are seeking talented scientists to invent cutting-edge techniques in a variety of areas and innovate on behalf of shoppers and advertisers.
In this role you will:
• Be inspired by challenges and opportunities in Amazon Advertising to invent cutting-edge techniques in your areas of expertise.
• Collaborate with product teams to apply your expertise to model, optimize, and support advertising experiences for shoppers and advertisers.
• Publish your innovation in top-tier academic venues.
• Lay the foundations for turning your innovations into customer-facing features.
Why you will love this opportunity:
• You will become aware of unique challenges of scale and complexity in advertising. We obsess over the details and every customer matters. We work backwards from customer-inspired opportunities to well-defined science tasks and innovative solutions. Your creativity and energy will guide how we improve customer experiences.
• You will work closely with a senior science mentor, collaborate with other scientists and engineers, and be part of Amazon Advertising's vibrant and diverse science world-wide community.
• You will be encouraged to publish and engage with the broader scientific community.
• Your ideas will benefit millions of shoppers and advertisers.
• PhD or equivalent Master's degree plus 4+ years of research experience in a quantitative field
• Experience investigating the feasibility of applying scientific principals and concepts to business problems and products
• PhD in Computer Science, Economics, Marketing, Operations Research, Statistics, or related areas in the last three years.
• High-quality research published at top-tier conferences and journals.
• Experience in data science and quantitative research.
• Proficiency in software technologies relevant to their subfield.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us