|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
As a leader in the space, Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers several dozen products as web services and processes trillions of events every month. Over the past 10 years, Amazon has become known across the globe as the most trusted company on the internet. In this highly visible role, you will be the business owner, working with your peers and senior management to influence, guide and grow an exciting product line that enables AWS service teams to offer their products in new and exciting ways.
You will improve the ease of understanding, flexibility, and customer value for our existing AWS Billing products and develop new products focused on serving our Enterprise customers. You will also analyze data to measure and enhance our products, and you will help develop new ideas based on your experience in billing/pricing and your contact with our stakeholders, external customers and prospects.
AWS offers customers discounts on or private rates for AWS Services in exchange for a commitment in usage or revenue. These agreements represent a mutually beneficial contract for AWS and our customers. In exchange for the guarantee of future usage and revenue, which assists us in planning for the capacity and ensuring stability in our business, we're able to offer our customers the benefit of lower rates on their associated usage, which in turn encourages more growth. This role will focus on the tracking usage, providing usage and discounting to customers through automation of features related to these discounts.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's degree or higher with a technical discipline (ideally computer science or engineering)
• 6+ years of relevant work experience in Product Management
• Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
• Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with attention to detail and organizational skills
• MBA or Master's Degree
• Experience creating Software Development Kits (SDKs) and Developer Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
• Experience with platforms and development tools
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop project business cases.
• Proven track-record of taking ownership and driving results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us