|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Live is a new shopping experience that leverages the interactivity and communication potential of live video to help customers throughout their shopping journey. Amazon Live enables customers to discover new brands and products in a fun and engaging way. For brands and influencers, livestreaming on Amazon offers a powerful communication tool that allows them interact directly with shoppers, build their following, and present their products in a new format. Our full-stack teams build high-scale, low-latency, personalized video experiences, develop a world-class livestreaming mobile app, and create a high-volume real-time analytics dashboard that helps us understand what our customers love most. If you are interested in building an entertainment product, enjoy a creative and fast-paced working environment, and want to work on a strategic new initiative, join our team today!
Amazon Live is looking to hire a customer-obsessed, data driven Principal Product Manager - Tech in New York, NY. In this role, you will be responsible for the lifecycle of a major livestream shopping product area or suite of features with considerable impact. You will define the strategic vision, own the long-term roadmap, and drive teams to execute on that vision. You should be able to operate with a high level of autonomy and possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
A successful candidate must be flexible, adapting the approach to meet the needs of the customer, product, and business, and clearly articulate (verbally and in writing) complex problems, tough trade-offs, and proposed solutions. This candidate will influence at all levels and can operate with complete independence.
• Oversee a set of product areas and features in the livestream shopping space and have responsibility for the customer engagement, requirements definitions, CX design, compliance, feature development priority, product messaging, reliability, and impact.
• Own and prioritize a roadmap for that area, working with our agile developers to size, scope, and weigh the trade-offs across that roadmap and other areas of the business.
• Think strategically about the future of the livestream shopping space and how we prioritize the features on our product roadmap to drive adoption and scale. Learn & be curious about industry dynamics and innovation.
• Deeply understand the livestream customer, their needs, the business landscape, product functionality (current and desired), and backend technologies (opportunities and limitations).
• Drive strategic communications (e.g. decision narratives, investment proposals), and use them to align teams towards product features and strategies.
• Create mechanisms that audit and report results.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Master's degree in a business or technology discipline or related field
• Experience designing and building large-scale video or advertising technology products
• Superior verbal and written communications skills.
• Track record of complex and creative problem-solving, and the desire to create and build new businesses
• An interest in the future of the digital and livestreaming worlds; familiarity with the online visual media environment as well as the entertainment industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.