|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon is continuing to invest in its Worldwide Online Display Advertising business to tap into the growing online advertising market. Amazon's Media Planning team is looking for an experienced Product Manager who will help to define the vision and strategy for upper funnel campaign planning tools. Amazon is using its first class technology, unique user data, and cross-device user identification to become the go-to solution for the world's largest advertising agencies and advertisers. Amazon's ad platform team is seeking a product leader with the experience, drive and strategic vision to win in the growing and competitive programmatic industry.
You think big, have a bias for action, and bring a history of delivering results. You thrive in scrappy environment and are ready to apply Amazon's resources to scale the programmatic business. You love customers and data. You use market research, competitive analysis, and direct communication with customers to make informed decisions.
We're seeking a Principal Product Manager to oversee how we bring together Amazon's Media Planning capabilities and build out our Media Planning suite working across Amazon Advertising. The person in this position will play a significant leadership role in our business and product teams. In this role, you will be responsible for critical product initiatives such as building and standardizing the overall Media Planning interface and APIs along with playing a key role in establishing how our media planning capabilities all work together seamlessly for our agencies and advertisers.
You set the product vision, define use cases, analyze customer and financial implications, and ultimately choose the most promising path for success. You will work directly with external customers to collect input, mold requirements, and release features. You drive prioritization across multiple development teams, communication with internal stakeholders, user testing with customers, and the go to market plan with product marketing. You are an evangelist of the platform, promoting new features to clients, defining success metrics, and accelerating adoption through sales teams. All while simultaneously protecting and enhancing the customer retail experience on Amazon.
The right candidate will possess a strong product management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large products and projects, will have background in digital advertising, and will have a well-rounded background in current web and mobile technologies. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
As a Product Manager, you will be 100% customer focused, understanding their needs and requirements, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will excel at delivering results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
• 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
• Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
• Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in online advertising, including digital programmatic advertising and interoperation with non-programmatic advertising
• Experience in user experience, web-based technologies
• Passionate about generating big, creative ideas to differentiate in the market, growing the business and working with advertisers and partners to build innovative products
• Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
• Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams to a common goal - work cross-functionally with dedicated engineering, design, product marketing, services and other product groups to build the next generation of the advertiser facing experiences
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to senior executive audiences
• Strong persuasion skills and ability to create buy-in for a bold vision
• Analytical aptitude and data-driven problem-solving abilities
• Handle multiple contending priorities in an energizing environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us