|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
We are looking for a Program Manager with expertise in electrical system design, inspection, testing, and maintenance. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with a proven track record of designing & improving electrical system maintenance programs & policies, proficient in creating roadmaps for the standardization and centralization of installation, commissioning, & inspection processes, and has the ability perform in-depth analysis of trends in electrical system reports & internal/external audit findings related to electrical & related risks. This will be a geographically based role.
• Travel up to 40% of the time
• Develop and improve maintenance programs and policies for electrical systems at warehouse locations, including audits of existing programs in compliance with local codes and global standards
• Partner with Risk Management and other key stakeholders in changes to the electrical system maintenance programs, aligning with insurance requirements as applicable, including system inspections and testing
• Perform detailed calculations to establish standards and specifications
• Inspect installations and observe operations to ensure compliance with design and equipment specifications and safety standards.
• Use computer-assisted engineering software to perform engineering tasks.
• Support operations, construction, and other relevant departments with product development and testing
• Audit electrical system maintenance practices globally to identify deviations and corrective actions.
• Conduct complex equipment failure investigation and provide mitigation solutions
• Monitor trends in electrical system maintenance reports, and escalate as necessary to drive improvements to maintenance activities, or immediate corrective actions to electrical systems
• Support training and start-up of electrical system maintenance and impairment programs at new operations locations.
• Develop and implement procedures for monitoring, diagnosing, and maintaining performance of assets
• Develop and improve installation, commissioning, and inspection processes, including audit practices, related to electrical systems.
• Partner with Internal Audit, Risk Management, Safety, and/or Real Estate to review internal and external audit findings related to electrical and related risks, including building authority audits, insurance audits, and similar.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 10+ years of electrical engineering experience
• Experience using power systems design and analysis software
• Knowledge of electrical manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of electrical codes and standards
• Professional Engineer (PE) certification
• Experience with software development and platform implementation
• Proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot electronic production processes
• Strong project/team management capabilities
• Able to problem solve and troubleshoot as the need arises
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $120,000 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.