|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Ring is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager to join our software development team. You will work closely with many teams to plan and coordinate the execution and launch of products, while simultaneously keeping your team focused on meeting commitments. You must be capable of sorting through priorities, diving deep into details, defining processes that improve execution, championing engineering best practices, executing with agility, and succeeding in a complex environment. You will manage all system software aspects and cross-functional dependencies of product development and launch, work on legacy products, and manage and plan for future product launches.
• Own aspects of product development from conception to launch.
• Collaborate closely with Business and Engineering teams to properly understand the business case and technical constraints.
• Work with remote and multi-site teams to deliver related system software components while managing the timelines to match hardware development and launch requirements.
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change control.
• Where needed, improve processes for efficiency.
• Dive deep into the technical details of a program.
• Proactively solve day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering).
• 4+ years of experience with software development (SDLC) for embedded Linux platform.
• 4+ years of software development experience using RTOS.
• 5+ year of experience defining projects, collecting requirements, coordinating efforts to scope, and scheduling and deploying new feature sets.
• Knowledge of computer architecture concepts (memory, microprocessors, microcontrollers, sensors, ARM-based platforms, DSP).
• Experience with App and/or cloud development.
• Familiarity with video streaming protocols (RTSP, WebRTC, HTTP, SIP).
• Strong problem solving and negotiation skills.
• Fluency with Atlassian SCM Suite (Confluence/JIRA).
• Prior experience as a software developer.
• Experience analyzing cost/benefit of feature selection.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors App, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visitwww.ring.com. With Ring, you're always home.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.