|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The AWS Spectre team provides the versioned storage and compute backbones that power the computation of every AWS bill. Are you excited about the idea of building managed services for versioning data at Petabyte-scale that operate at hundreds of thousands of requests per second? Want to help shape the future of federated and versioned compute platforms executing millions of data transforms every hour? Then we need to talk!
Computing AWS bills, at its core, is a challenging distributed systems problem that requires calculations performed over trillions of usage records, millions of accounts, and hundreds of thousands of different rates. Our services provide the foundation for these computations through our innovative versioned data services and federated computation platforms.
As a software development manager, you have the opportunity to help shape the next generation of versioned and time-series data stores and computation services using cutting edge technologies like DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, and more. Additionally, you will build meaningful software that helps AWS to bring our largest customers over to the Cloud. Finally, as an Amazon software development manager, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at \"Amazon Scale\", and collaborate with high-performing technical teammates - and have fun doing it.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud.
• Adopt overall AWS plans for AWS Commerce Platform and define your own team's future direction.
• Manage projects that deliver on commitments to our customers.
• Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.).
• Manage team's resources: hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical solutions. Be a hands-on technical leader.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
• Experience building scalable systems/applications from conception through successful delivery to customers
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
• 8+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years as a people manager
• Experience with professional software engineering best practices such as Agile project management, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building high volume and highly scalable web services.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visithttps://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.