|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon we believe that Every Day is still Day One! We're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people.
Reliability & Maintenance Engineering (RME) team delivers reliable systems and processes that maximize the capacity of Fulfillment & Logistics network across Amazon and support sales growth in order to exceed customer delivery expectations.
To support this vision, RME Systems and Data Engineering tech team is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) who will collaborate, define and deliver projects in partnership with Product Managers, Data Engineers, System Engineering Managers, Data Scientists and SDEs across the company on various engineering and software projects.
In addition, the TPM will be instrumental in tracking projects to closure, providing inputs on technical components, managing key stakeholder expectations.
In this role the TPM will:
• Lead planning, execution and delivery of projects across multiple teams
• Own communication for technical delivery across these projects with senior leadership and partner organizations
• Conduct field visits and speak to our operations teams to understand pain points and coordinate execution of programs
• Anticipate bottlenecks and balance business needs versus technical constraints to move these projects forward quickly
• Manage resource allocation and prioritize investments in partnership with Product Managers and Business Stakeholders
• Thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of Program Management experience in large, cross functional projects
• 2+ years of experience with BI reporting and analytics
• Experience in managing large scale development efforts using various tools.
• Experience communicating technical concepts to a non-technical audience
• Experience in working across multiple technical teams
• Experience with designing technical solutions
• Experience with software platforms, System Integrations, Data warehousing and Business Analytics
• Experience in communicating with a wide range of partners
• Must be able to work independently with limited general supervision.
• Proven results-oriented person with a focus on delivery
• Strong Communications skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to break down high level business problems into concrete analytical solution
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• Experience with AWS tools like AWS Redshift, EC2, S3, Lambda
• Experience with Ignition 7 or above, Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) system architecture
• 8+ years of Technical Program/Project Management experience
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Experience managing complex and cross-functional projects with aggressive schedules and limited resources
• Adept at making trade-offs to balance business vs technology needs/constraints to resolve bottlenecks and deliver incremental value
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $122,200 - 160,000/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.