|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Alexa is the groundbreaking cloud-based intelligent agent that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. Our mission is to push the envelope in Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), in order to provide the best-possible experience for our customers. We develop on-device solutions to improve the user experience.
Your work will directly impact our customers in the form of products and services that make use of speech and language technology. You will leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to accelerate advances in spoken language understanding.
We are looking for a technically strong, customer-focused Senior Technical Program Manager with skills that span research science, software engineering, product management and sheer vision. In this role you will:
• Own and manage customer directions in speech interfaces, defining the vision for the voice experience and unfailingly delivering in the customer's interest;
• Use your depth in spoken language understanding technologies to drive investments in accuracy and end-to-end voice experience quality;
• Drive solutions from the data - dive deep into experience data to identify problems and push for solutions, writing your own analytic scripts and tools where necessary;
• Find the opportunities for multiplying innovation across different customers, leading advances into science and data representations;
• Drive consistent results and customer impact across the scientific and engineering teams.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
• 5+ years of technical program management experience
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and tools as needed to support the organization.
• Experience developing in a Linux environment and in utilizing virtual machines
• Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience in developing product test harnesses and instrumenting products to gather test results
• Experience with test driven development and establishing unit test infrastructures
• Experience automating the validating of modern user interfaces and messaging infrastructures
• Experience with evaluating and integrating open source and in house developed toolsets
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Expert in software quality and testing methodologies
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams
• Experience with Web Services is a plus