|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is proud to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in industries such as financial services, pharmaceuticals, and high technology.
This is a role in the Compute Services Spot Go-To-Market team, responsible for growing the adoption of Compute services in conjunction with EC2 Spot. The Principal Specialist will work with a variety of workloads and technologies including Containers, Big Data, CI/CD, High Performance Computing, and others. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to help shape the future of the Cloud Computing industry and further establish Amazon as the leader in the space. You will work directly with the most interesting and demanding customers - leaders in their respective fields - Earning Trust to understand their requirements and turn them into reality. You will also demonstrate Customer Obsession, representing the voice of the customer as you work with product teams to evolve AWS products. As the expert in an Area, you will also develop scalable motions to establish new business in target market segments and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions that identify prospects for long-term business opportunities.
You will use your business savvy to drive revenue, develop sales programs, and identify new workloads, market segments, and opportunities that can be served by EC2 Spot. Your background in cloud-native applications will help customers understand how to improve their businesses using Compute services provided by AWS. Your excellent verbal and written communication skills will allow you build sales enablement tools and evangelize the AWS portfolio to our enterprise customers, start-ups, and valued partners. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive CxO/VP level engagements as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. She/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions across organizations. Keen senses of Ownership and a Bias for Action - operating effectively within constraints and developing creative solutions - are imperative.
This is a great opportunity to work in a high-performing team of global business development experts. In addition to working with customers, you will focus on incubating new AWS Services and delivering workload-/solution-specific domain expertise to the broader field organization (account managers and solutions architects). To be successful, you will need to analyze and determine key customer insights from business drivers, market segment trends, customer feedback, and operating metrics.
The ideal candidate will ...
• Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, enabling, evangelizing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
• Be great to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic, creative, and willing to take on any challenge. You will have passion to Learn and Be Curious, staying up-to-date on the rapidly evolving ecosystem.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Compute Services Business Development team and focus on helping to develop and drive overall AWS services and technical strategy for AWS Container Services.
• Identify customer segments we target while communicating the specific value proposition for their business, use case, and workload.
• Set a strategic Go-To-Market plan for target market segments in your Area and ensure it is in line with the AWS strategic direction.
• Create mechanisms to drive pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Fill the business development pipeline by engaging with prospects, partners, and key customers.
• Work closely with our customers to ensure they are successful using our Compute services, and that they have the technical resources required across the Compute portfolio.
• Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
• Manage complex contract negotiations and liaise with the legal group.
• Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
• Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market segment.
• Strong technical knowledge around cloud-native applications, with the ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to articulate the value of leveraging containers and managed container orchestration offerings.
• 10+ years of business development, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience
• 5+ years selling technology, preferably cloud, hosted and managed services in technology industry
• Technical and/or business degree required.
• Experience developing distribution ecosystems - partnering with startups, enterprises, systems integrators, ISVs, etc.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Experience with working with cloud native applications, container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, ECS and/or others
• Solid negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen
• Experience in selling technical cloud services or software technology services
• MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background is highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and data center/infrastructure/networking technologies highly desired
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of the container landscape
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.