|Category||Sales, Advertising, & Account Management||Job type||Full Time|
Do you want help customers deliver better public services? Come join the team that obsesses over public sector customers world wide and help us delight and solve global customer challenges.
The Government Transformation Team (GTT) is the government transformation practice for AWS World Wide Public Sector (WWPS). Our mission is to accelerate modernization and reforms for international public sector customers. Customers tell us that they need to deliver great digital services for citizens and businesses and to use operational data to keep improving. GTT has built services and engagements that accelerates customers' transformation through advising change makers, infrastructure expansion, developing software solutions, convening thought leaders, and delivering executive courses. GTT is a team of doers that work passionately to apply modern technology and methodologies to solve real-world problems that will transform governments.
As a member of the Transformation Strategy Unit in GTT you will be responsible for improving AWS' customer obsession on privacy with world wide public sector customers. You will own a strategy for earning more trust with customers based on privacy, data protection and the effective use of technologies, policies and messaging. Together with a technical program manager you will works backward from our customers to understand the impact of, and prioritise customer concerns around, privacy and data sovereignty. You will work closely with our public policy, marketing, legal, security assurance and service colleagues to develop our approach to privacy and data sovereignty to delight customers
You will be inventing on behalf of our customers and advocating for their privacy and data sovereignty needs with engineering service teams and leadership. You are committed to following the data, you can drive clarity through written communication, effective meetings, and you are comfortable participating in reviews with senior business and engineering leaders.
You are passionate about working and helping the public sector; their successes are your successes; their failures are your failures. You have sales and business development expertise, able to develop and deliver messaging and drive continued customer success. You are a technologist, able to understand constraints are holding customers back and what may just be fear, uncertainty, and doubt. This role requires coordination across many internal and external teams and will be visible at the highest levels of the company.
You have a track record showing that you execute both strategically and tactically. You have a solid technical background, a passion for security and data privacy, and you care about your customers and their experience with your team's products, systems, and services.
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to help our team shape our approach to privacy while ensuring high quality delivery to our customers. We are seeking a seasoned and experienced professional to do the following:
• Collaborate with field teams to work backwards with customers on a variety of use-cases
• Understand in-depth the technical and policy issues our customers face
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders
• Influence the service team roadmap to prioritise delighting customers around privacy
Serve as spokesperson as needed
Develop and influence collateral and messaging and how it helps customers
Come join our start-up culture, work fast and smart, while adapting and iterating quickly. We are looking for someone who is ready to roll-up their sleeves and join a tight-knit team that is tackling a very interesting and exciting opportunity space worldwide.
• Extensive experience working in or with public sector customers (government, education & non-profit) on policy issues
• Extensive experience in strategy, business development, or product management
• Strong written and presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross-functional audiences.
• Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics to execute those plans and deliver benefits
• Basic understanding of cloud computing landscape in general and AWS services in particular
• Good understanding of privacy, data protection or cybersecurity policy and political issues