|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon has created some of the most game changing technologies in the world. Are you passionate about building, owning and operating space, launch, and satellite networks and ready to build another game-changing technology? If the answer is yes, then Amazon Web Services (AWS) has an exciting opportunity for you.
AWS Region Services is seeking a talented, innovative, and solutions-oriented Customer Support Engineer (CSE) to help innovate and disrupt satellite space and ground processing systems. Our diverse team is responsible for bringing all forms of space into Amazon's massive-scale data center networks. Engineers in this organization define the hardware, physical topologies, architectures and software control systems for these satellite networks. Engineers on this team make day-to-day and strategic decisions that drive huge programs with a global impact. If you want to change the space world, we'd love to hear from you!
As a CSE, you will be customer focused, and can multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their complex technical issues. You will lead adoption of this new, cloud-based service that can revolutionize how people use data from space. This position requires technical expertise in satellite communications, exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and experience working among cross-functional teams. You will have a deep understanding of cloud services, satellite operations, and communicating with satellite systems at scale. As a CSE you will work as a part of the service team and with the sales customer support manager to deliver great customer experiences. This position requires the candidate to be customer-focused with a passion for satellites, ground stations, cloud technologies, and global networks.
As a CSE, you will help craft and execute strategies to help our customers' adopt and use AWS services, including Ground Station, EC2, S3, DynamoDB & RDS, Lambda, CloudFront CDN, IoT, and many more. Your technical acumen and customer-facing skills will enable you to effectively represent AWS in in customer interactions and drive discussions with leadership regarding challenges, trade-offs, support and risk management.
You will provide advocacy and strategic technical guidance to help plan and build solutions for space customers using best practices, and proactively help customers' create and keep their AWS environments operationally healthy. The relationships you develop with customers will allow you to understand their business/operational needs and technical challenges, and help them achieve the greatest value from AWS.
As the CSE, you will be apply these on a daily basis:
• Ability to drive technical innovation and efficiency in space operations via automation and adoption of AWS services
• Design systems management solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on alarming and human intervention.
• Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns amenable to long-term solutions via simplification and automation.
• Avoid re-inventing the wheel and prefer appropriately simple, repeatable solutions over more complex and failure prone ones.
• Act as a technical point of escalation & mentor for other staff.
• Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of resources.
• Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen.
This role can be located in either Denver, CO or Herndon, VA.
• 3+ years of technical engineering experience
• 3+ years systems and/or network engineering experience in modern networking environments
• 3+ years of experience with space industry customers and their use of AWS or other cloud services
• 3+ years of experience in operational parameters for troubleshooting in a distributed systems environment
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of technical engineering experience
• Deep knowledge of satellite communications protocols, modulation, and coding schemes and how those are
• Deep knowledge of Internet network infrastructure components, protocols and systems
• Systems orientation, strongly evident problem-solving skills
• Experience in Informational Technology operations
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience as a technical lead
• Professional oral and written communication skills, presenting to an audience containing one or more decision maker(s)
• Experience in a 24x7 operational services or support environment
• Experience with AWS services and/or other cloud offerings
• Experience in operational parameters and troubleshooting for one (1) of the following: Compute / Storage / Networking / CDN / Databases / DevOps / Big Data and Analytics / Security / Applications Development in a distributed systems environment
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are dedicated to supporting our new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.