|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take the first step and a day to look forward to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life and your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
Department AF Ops Overview
Amazon Freight Operations (AF Ops) is the Pan- European central control center for Amazon Freight's Shipper Support and Transportation Execution. The team is responsible for planning and scheduling the transport orders placed by our customers (Shippers), and providing them with support at each step of their journey. We play a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon Freight's European transportation network and have direct impact on Shipper Experience.
Overview of Customer Support Manager, AF
The Customer Support Manager manages a large team responsible for 24x7 frontline operations for both Inbound and Off-Amazon transportation. S/he works in a cross-functional environment with Shippers, Carriers, the Amazon Freight business team, Supply Chain, and the Retail organizations to determine future demand for transportation resources, and translates the aforementioned into accurate capacity plans. S/he drives the vision of Operations, facilitating the flow of information between different stakeholders and leads resolution of any potential issues that impact Shipper experience and business continuity, in a fast-paced environment.
• Can independently identify up-stream and down-stream operational problems and implement appropriate solutions before they become customer impacting.
• Brings a department and company-wide perspective to decision making. Strong business acumen (understands how to calculate high-level ROI and partner with finance to complete a cost-benefit analysis).
• Broad experience, across functional and operational areas, designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining large scale operations
• Expertly skilled at gathering functional requirements and converting those into a realistic, detailed functional spec and project plan.
• Has played a leadership role for several years, and is an experienced senior leader able to lead managers.
• Has a deep understanding of the business' and end user's needs, and can proficiently translate those needs into the right solution.
• Can properly prioritize competing projects across departments. Focus is on projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross-company product or project.
• Serves as escalation point for shipper support leads.
• Makes the right trade-offs between schedule, resources, and scope in order to deliver on customer promise.
• Identifies and evaluates potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction from senior managers. Determines appropriate corrective action.
• University Education: Master or Bachelor degree in Engineering, Supply Chain Management or similar
• Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookUps)
• Advanced level in English (spoken, written)
• Strong analytical background; comfortable in ambiguous situations
• Ability to travel in EU
• MBA preferred
• Communication skills in other languages: German, French or Italian
• Experience in using SQL and databases in a business environment
• Experience identifying automation opportunities and managing change
• +5 years' work experience in Customer contact / operations/supply chain/logistics/e-commerce.
• +3 years' experience managing teams across different levels of expertise