|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon is seeking an experienced and business oriented EU Start Up Project Manager to direct the planning and execution of medium-sized warehouse buildup & startup projects to support the continued expansion of our European fulfillment network.
Ideal candidates will be natural self-starters with an established Project Management foundation that possess high work capacity & agility, while being detail-oriented and data-driven with a talent for problem-solving and a positive can-do-attitude. In this role, the individual will understand all aspects of an Amazon Fulfillment Center (FC) and the full lifecycle of a new FC delivery or existing FC buildout/conversion project, from the definition of business requirements up to the final building handover. The Start Up Project Manager is responsible for the final project planning and execution stages, working within a cross-functional project team, essentially ensuring new warehouses are delivered safely, on time, within budget and turnkey ready from day 1.
Responsibilities & Expectations
• End-to-end ownership for medium-scale warehouse project deliverables
• Full project budget ownership and spend controlling
• Vendor and work/purchase order management supported by dedicated Procurement department
• Integrated project scheduling, resource planning, critical path analysis and schedule optimization
• Reading and navigating through technical warehouse design drawings and 3D models to formulate vendor execution instructions
• Conduct weekly standing meetings with internal teams and vendors to plan and track deliverables
• Continuous project status tracking and communication, targeted and timely elevation of potential risks and issues across multiple teams and with project stakeholders
• Comfortable in different roles and able to effectively communicate & work with subject matter experts in Construction, Engineering, Operations, Finance, Procurement, Transportation or Contract law
• Capable of switching between Project/Program Management and detailed work-stream level activities with an ability to "roll up sleeves".
• Bachelor or Master Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field
• Proven Project/Program Management experience in comparable industrial environments
• Experience interacting with cross-functional teams & subject-matter experts
• Professional working knowledge using MS Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, and related software
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in both native and English languages
• Flexibility for business travels of up to 70% of worktime within Europe
• Certified Project Management qualification (PMP, Prince2, or other)
• Proficiency in additional European languages
• Experience working with BIM and related software
• Experience in process design/optimization or supply chain optimization