|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes increase monetization and yield. APS provides exclusive access to Amazon marketing spend and extends our cloud-based platform technology to enable publishers to maximize revenue opportunity across devices and media channels while improving user experience. The end result is an Amazon product that lets publishers focus on what they do best: publishing.
We're looking for an engineer to extend our Front-End Engineering Team. Our Front-End Engineering team creates publisher products which are critical for the efficiency and profitability of our advertising business.
In this role you will
• Set up the technology, frameworks and development methodology
• Define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the publisher experience.
• Develop rich looking responsive user interfaces using modern front-end web technologies
• Lead the frontend applications architecture to develop common reusable code
• Lead discussions to analyze our needs, then improve and develop front-end solutions
• Instill the culture of software quality from creation to production deployment. Write quality code backed by automated unit, integration tests.
• Instrument apps, debug to resolve production issues and tune the applications to improve performance.
• Break down the work items, assign tasks to junior engineers and mentor them to grow
• Continuously learn modern technologies, share with team, improve best practices for frontend applications development and delivery
• Build and operate the systems based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle
• 7+ years of Front end development experience
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Hands-on expertise in many different front-end technologies and the curiosity and ability to pick up more
• Experience setting up software engineering best practices within your team and mentoring junior engineers
• The ability to be self-directed, and be able to direct the work of other front-end engineers as a Technical Leader
• Mastery of toolset from applications development, production build & deploy tools.
• Experience developing highly responsive, performant large-scale applications for consumers with different devices and network speeds
• Experience instrumenting applications, performing advanced level debugging, analysis and working with ops to debug production issues