|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Note: This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
The AWS External Security Services (ESS) Praetoria team is looking for a Systems Development Manager to help build the future of our services in isolated regions for the US Government. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
In this role, you will lead a growing team of engineers to extend our security services into new AWS regions required for the US Intelligence Community. This is an opportunity to work on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and demonstrate your passion not only for building good software, but also for ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality.
Our team provides AWS' Intelligence Community customers with services designed around Amazon's internal security posture to improve their security experience. Our main products include:
• GuardDuty, a cloud intrusion detection service that detects unauthorized, malicious, or anomalous activity in a customer's AWS environment.
• Macie - identifies security risks in a customer's S3 and DDB configuration.
• Inspector - provides an overall assessment of the security posture of the system.
• Detective - uses log data from AWS resources to build a linked set of data that enables analysts to conduct faster and more efficient security investigations.
• Security Hub - generates a single dashboard view of current findings and recommendations from across Inspector, Macie, and GuardDuty.
One of the key concepts of the ESS service offerings is its simplicity - you just turn it on and it goes to work. These services help customers identify reconnaissance, suspicious access, stealthy discovery, attacks and changes to security critical settings.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of experience managing technical teams
• 3+ years of distributed systems
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS clearance at a minimum.
• Experience building new products and services from the ground up.
• Experience with Java, Ruby and/or Python.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer networking and information security.
• Strong communications skills; you will be required to proactively engage fellow Amazonians both inside and outside of your team.
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Ability to synthesize requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and facilitate engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines.
• Expertise in software processes, web services, multi-tiered systems, and enterprise application integration.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. .