|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Supply Chain Optimization Technology (SCOT) is seeking experienced professionals interested in infusing customer obsession into the way products are bought and distributed on a global scale. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets.
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered how we make those delivery promises globally covering millions of package and customers? Do you want to drive the vision for a product that millions of people use every day around the world?
The Core sourcing science team, part of Amazon Supply Chain Optimization technologies is looking for a Senior Technical Product manager to drive the vision and scope of our science strategy. We develop sophisticated algorithms that involve learning from large amounts of data from diverse sources such Vendors, Transportation carriers, and Amazon warehouses in order to predict accurate arrival time of inventory into Amazon warehouses globally. These predictions are a key input into optimization and planning systems that determine how much inventory needs to be procured, how much labor needs to be staffed in warehouses etc. With accurate prediction we drive down supply chain costs, enabling lower prices and better in-stock for our customers.
This is a brand new role on the team and a huge opportunity to work across multiple organizations driving our team's science strategy. As the Senior Technical Product Manager, you will partner with Engineering and Science leaders to form and drive a vision for the science models while meeting business requirements. On a day to day basis you will work with both scientists and engineers to ship features and models into production, report and own key metrics, and help drive our research efforts on the team.
Key responsibilities for this role include defining the product strategy, product roadmap, business metrics and global launch plans, ideating new products, leading product planning, owning strategic product communication, driving alignment across partner teams, coordinating the launch of new products and updates to existing products, and owning customer engagement.
We are a key part of Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncwsr1Of6Cw&feature=youtu.be
• You will be responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications, driving schedules from design to release.
• You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams.
• You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
• You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
• You will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner is expected.
• Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
• Be a champion of science and operational excellence and establish team metrics for that excellence; including a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
• Represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership. Raise the bar on technical excellence, show thought leadership, and communicate well to different audiences.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
• Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on product strategy and vision.
• Work closely and collaboratively with engineering, science, and product teams from partner organizations.
• Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
• Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team's ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams and or science organizations.
• 4+ years of experience in product management, program management, or technology implementation.
• Demonstrated results working by influencing stakeholders in a highly-matrix cross-functional organization.
• Experience in using data and metrics to define business strategy and gain executive support for new visions.
• Superior Verbal/Written communication & data presentation skills, proved ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Experience working in a data-centric environment or on a data science team.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Knowledge of SQL, database and reporting tools.
• Sound business background, preferably working on a new product launch.
• Proven ability to influence change at all levels within an organization.