|Category||PR||Job type||Full Time|
We are now seeking a high-judgement, self-motivated, customer-centered, innovative-thinking, and result-driven communications professional to join our PR Communications team in China to lead the Amazon Global Store PR team in China supporting its cross-border shopping business, including Prime. The Head of Communication for Amazon Global Store will play a key role, partnering with broader business team, to support cross-border shopping business in China. This role will drive PR strategy and narratives, design and manage communication campaigns and provide PR insights to support the business.
The candidate will need to work with members of the media, KOLs as well as other external and internal audiences across all channels to tell new and interesting stories about our narratives in an entrepreneurial and goal-oriented approach. The candidate will have experience in managing complex narratives and campaigns with a variety of audiences and is experienced in digital storytelling across multiple audiences. The candidate is used to developing metrics to measure success and delivering measurable results.
To be successful, this position requires a deep understanding and passion for technology, e-commerce business, a strategic thinker, ability to work cross-group, making sound judgement with ambiguity, superior communication skills, work independently, and thrive in a fast moving environment. The ability to communicate and align with colleagues internationally will also be vital. The candidate will need excellent communications skills in both Chinese and English, exemplary writing ability, influential leadership as well as a proven background with critical crisis and issues communication development and management. He/ she should have experience working to high standards under tight deadlines. Creativity and flexibility are a must for this role. The candidate needs to be an enthusiastic problem solver and hands-on communicator who combines a global mindset with the ability to deliver results plus proven success in driving results in branding and communications.
Key responsibilities include:
• Be the subject matter expert in consumer sector to build Amazon Global Store brand awareness and accurate perception among targeted audience.
• Be a strong story teller to identify the right context, leverage data to support, and build trust and strong relations with internal teams to mine for good stories and bar raise for the content development
• Develop PR communication strategies, design and execute yearlong innovative campaigns about core retail areas across a variety of audiences and channels in partnering with multiple global and local teams with trackable results.
• Provide strategic counsel to senior business leaders and business teams on both short and long term challenges and opportunities, including prepping them for media interviews and speaking opportunities.
• Manage cross channel communications in partnership with internal communications, social media, and similar storytelling teams.
• Excel in writing bilingual materials, including plan, press releases, executive briefings, statements, Q&As, and more.
• Engage and develop strong media, social, KOL relationship/network in China
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges and manage issues / media inquiries
• 12+ years' work experience developing/implementing and evaluating creative brand PR strategies.
• Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
• Extensive experience of managing national media campaigns with strong media contacts
• Issues management experience including development of messaging and Q&A documents.
• Strong understanding of measuring the impacts and benefits of PR programs.
• Experience with crisis management and planning
• University degree required
• Experience gained within high-profile, customer facing organizations, particularly within the retail / e-commerce industries.
• Consumer PR expert - with a demonstrated insight for what works for a brand in China
• Strategic and creative - ensures that PR activity delivers against business objectives and articulates key messages while being inspiring and thinking big.
• Extensive experience of managing cross channel campaigns with strong media contacts and social elements in consumer arenas.
• Preferably a mix of agency and in-house experience
• Knowledge and understanding of both Chinese and Western business cultures and ability to provide counsel regarding each.
• Experience executing highly successful, creative campaigns and events.
• Experience in managing agencies and budgets
• Existing network of media contacts and a desire to work with the media proactively.
• Listening and collaboration - Candidate must be a team-player and have excellent listening skills.
• Self-driven and ability to be both strategic and execution oriented.
• High judgment, particularly in narrow time frames.
• Collaborative team player with strong ownership and willingness to work hard and roll up sleeves to get work done, even if outside the job's scope, with commitment to delivering results.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, plan, prioritize, and meet deadlines through process improvements and communication practices
• Proven ability to deal with ambiguities and manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, as well as stakeholder expectations.
• Relentlessly high standards and an eagle eye for detail
• Being self-motivated and a mature people manager