|Category||PR||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon is seeking a highly-creative, self-motivated and high-judgement PR professional with a depth of experience and/or interest in digital audio entertainment and storytelling to join the Amazon Music PR team. This role will work with Amazon Music's global PR team to plan and execute publicity campaigns for podcast programming - from early development, to long-term storytelling opportunities. As a member of this team, you will work alongside the Amazon Music podcast team and with creators, talent, and their representatives on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have industry media relationships and experience managing multiple show narratives, trend story initiatives, and talent campaigns. This candidate must be creative, with excellent communications skills and the ability to work well with others.
This position is based in LA, however will report into the global PR team in Seattle, WA. It requires regular travel.
Core Job responsibilities:
• Develop and manage strategic public relations programs that drive awareness of Amazon Music and its podcast offering.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholder teams in order to drive successful global launches
• Support multiple publicity campaigns as a global leader, executing in the US and supporting local marketplaces with messaging, and guiding principles.
• Develop and contribute to media announcements surrounding new podcasts and trend stories.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key media to generate accurate and positive coverage.
• Remain aware of the latest news in the entertainment, technology and podcasting space.
• Develop messaging and media awareness for key spokespeople and talent for announcements, industry panels and interviews.
• Train and manage internal spokespeople at all levels for external-facing engagements.
• Deliver strategic communications counsel to Amazon executives on both short-and-long-term challenges and opportunities.
• Help manage external public relations agencies on strategy and day-to-day matters
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 8+ years of relevant PR experience in entertainment, podcasts, consumer tech and/or corporate communications.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, including the ability to work independently and autonomously.
• Outstanding attention to detail, understanding of digital entertainment and technology as well as the ability to communicate complex topics effectively.
• A love of podcasts, entertainment, music and technology.
• PR experience preferably in podcasts, ideally with some PR agency experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Thrives in a collaborative environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Solid judgment and the ability to respond quickly, yet thoughtfully, to urgent PR matters.
• Media relationships and the ability to cultivate additional contacts in the space.
• Experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts.
• Experience executing product launches, press tours, speaking engagements and driving an overall product narrative and PR plan.
• Experience media training executives and providing them with strategic communications council.
• Proven ability to work in a remote environment, and successfully partner with teammates located around the world.