|Category||PR||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you a public relations expert with a passion for technology and storytelling? AWS is powering the transformation of some of the world's leading manufacturing and automotive brands, including Coca-Cola, 3M, BMW, Volkswagen, and more; helping them to innovate, and deliver richer customer experiences globally in everything from smart factories and industrial IoT to consumer packaged goods and autonomous vehicle development. The Amazon Web Services Industries PR team is looking for an experienced PR Manager who will be responsible for establishing and executing high-impact, public relations campaigns that showcase how leading manufacturing and automotive companies are innovating with AWS.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing multifaceted proactive and news-cycle driven media relations and the abilities to see their contributions holistically - not just in a PR setting. This includes but is not limited to securing top tier, tech, and trade press opportunities, driving impactful stories from beginning to end, executing owned and third party events, engaging traditional and non-traditional influencers, and working with customers to develop compelling and insightful storylines. The ideal candidate for this position understands technology and is able to execute high-impact, creative PR plans that result in a steady cadence of coverage, conversations, engagement, and awareness of cloud computing's transformational impact in the manufacturing and automotive verticals. In addition, this role will be tasked with coordination between multiple departments, including marketing, social and digital to bring true, 360-degree campaigns to life. As a result, ideal candidates will have previous experience with third party events, partnerships and dynamic content creation.
The role is based in New York City, NY, Washington D.C., San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA or Seattle, WA and will require travel.
Some of your responsibilities will be:
• Creating and running innovative PR campaigns that align with a pioneering technology business and dynamic industries
• Drafting and executing detailed plans that align resources and create a cadence of PR opportunities elevating the AWS story with reporters covering the respective verticals
• Managing complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges with high judgment and professionalism
• Curating and managing relationships with influencers across several industries
• Developing stories with manufacturing and automotive customers and partners about their journey to the AWS Cloud
• Developing and successfully managing relationships with customer PR teams, top tier business, tech, and trade reporters
• Cultivating a diverse and engaging speaker bench to represent AWS at events, in the media and within the company
• Crafting compelling content and market-ready messaging. This also includes creative content development in the form of blogs, infographics, videos, and more.
• Leading media programs around AWS owned and third party-events
• Managing PR agencies
• Minimum of 8+ years of public relations experience
• Technology, automotive or industrial/manufacturing PR experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• International PR or marketing experience
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Outstanding attention to detail
• Project management skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and stakeholders
• Strategic mindset and hands-on mentality
• Result oriented and data driven professional
• Experience measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of PR programs
• Portfolio of work demonstrating the ability to tell complex technology stories in relatable terms
• Demonstrated success placing stories with high-profile business, technology and industry-specific media outlets
• Current experience managing media relationships, and a network of media contacts
• Experience with business-critical issues and reputational communications
• Experience representing high-profile companies in fast-paced, complex environments