|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
We are looking for an experienced economic development professional to support Amazon's growing business operations and real estate footprint in Canada. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging with government and economic development officials to expand Amazon's presence and lead all economic development initiatives in Canada as an individual contributor. The ideal candidate will exhibit a deep understanding of the Canadian economic development landscape as well as demonstratable experience with site identification, real estate development, workforce development and entitlement and permitting processes.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Collaborating with Amazon's operations, infrastructure, real estate, legal, tax, HR, finance, corporate communications, and other business partners regarding new investments, job creation initiatives and site expansion plans
• Supporting the site selection process through site due diligence, procurement, and addressing permitting and entitlement issues
• Craft agreements and other government partnerships to support projects and the communities in which we invest and create jobs.
• Effectively communicating the scope and benefits of Amazon investments to external stakeholders at all levels of government
• Working directly with state and local policymakers and officials, economic development organizations, workforce development groups, tax departments, utilities and other key government agencies, as well as chambers of commerce and community stakeholders in the public and private sectors
• Crafting and facilitating collaborative educational and work force development plans leveraging a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
• Managing relationships with outside legal counsel, developers, and other professional service providers.
• Traveling domestically on a frequent basis and internationally on an occasional basis
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 7+ years of economic development project management experience and working with provincial agencies and local communities
• Experience working with corporate business leaders, high level government officials, and external stakeholder groups
• Experience leading and managing teams and/or third-party vendors, contractors and advisors
• Demonstrated track record of success in developing successful partnerships with state and local governments, and other public and private stakeholder groups
• Significant experience in managing economic development, infrastructure, and workforce development issues for large scale construction and expansion development projects.
• Ability to travel domestically on a frequent basis and internationally on an occasional basis.
• MBA, JD or LLB, CPA, or other recognized professional accreditation or certification
• Certified Economic Developer (CEcD)
• Fluency in French
• Previous in-house economic development experience
• Proficiency with Excel, Word and Salesforce
• Public policy and government affairs experience.
• Experience collaborating with strategic communication teams
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.