|Category||Public Policy||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
We are looking for an experienced economic development professional to support our rapidly growing business operations and real estate footprint in North America. As a manager in this role, you will be responsible for engaging with state and local economic development, planning, transportation, transit, permitting and enforcement agencies to expand our physical footprint and support our projects.
Job responsibilities include:
• Collaborate with Amazon teams, including operations, infrastructure, real estate, legal, tax, HR, finance and corporate communications, to support project investments, business expansion plans, and related site requirements.
• Support the site selection process on the path to launch, including due diligence, permitting and entitlements, and project approvals.
• Support workforce development and other opportunities for public/private partnerships.
• Craft agreements and other government partnerships to support projects and the communities in which we invest and create jobs.
• Effectively communicating the scope and benefits of Amazon investments and corporate initiatives to policymakers and community stakeholders.
• Work directly with state and local economic development organizations, workforce development and labor organizations, tax departments, utilities, and other key government agencies, as well as chambers of commerce and community stakeholders in the public and private sectors.
• Manage relationships with outside legal counsel, developers, and other professional service providers.
• You must have excellent organizational skills and be a strong written and verbal communicator, with great attention to detail. You will need to be able to work independently in a constantly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment. You also need common sense, great judgment, and a sense of humor.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years of recent economic development project management experience, working with state agencies and local communities.
• MPA, JD, MBA, or other advanced degree.
• Certified Economic Developer (CEcD), American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certifications, and/or other relevant and recognized professional accreditation or certification.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills including experience making presentations in public forums.
• Previous in-house economic development experience.
• Proficiency with Excel, Salesforce, and other data management and analytics software.
• Public policy and government affairs experience.
• Experience collaborating with strategic communication teams.• Experience with the permitting and construction process for industrial buildings and large projects.
• Experience dealing with corporate business leaders, high level government officials, and external stakeholder groups.
• Experience leading and managing teams and/or third-party vendors, contractors and advisors.
• Demonstrated track record of success in developing successful partnerships with state and local governments, and other public and private stakeholder groups.
• Significant experience in managing economic development, infrastructure, and workforce development issues for large scale construction and expansion development projects.
• Ability to travel domestically on a frequent basis and internationally on an occasional basis.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.